Sunday, May 29, 2011

Are you faith-full?

            In addition to commenting about Israel, I also want to post some personal insights occasionally.
I’ve been going through some really tough times over the past year.  A year ago I was diagnosed with cancer that had spread from my tail bone to my right hip.  I endured 25 radiation treatments and spent eleven days in the hospital last July and then several months convalescing—regaining strength.  I am thankful for the medical treatments available, but I know that I have regained the health I have because God’s Word is true and He has been healing my body through prayer and faith in His Word.  Blood tests this week showed no trace of cancer.  Praise Jehovah Rapha, my Healer!
            But I’ve also been tested in my faith on the financial front.  A perfect storm hit—a combination of no work due to winter weather combined with a downturn in the economy.  I own a painting business and these are tough times for anyone in the construction trades. As I have prayed and prayed without seeing the needed work come in as a result of those prayers, I realized I was in a war that was being waged against my faith.  Would I continue to believe God is for me, that He would provide for me according to His riches in glory?  It has been in a purifying process, to say the least.. 
            Luke 18:1-8 is an exhortation from Jesus for us to press in to the Father in prayer, even when it doesn’t seem that we are getting the answer we feel we need.  The bottom line of His exhortation is that we should continue to pray in faith.  Are you praying with faith?  Or are you praying with an edge of anger because things haven’t come the way you wanted or expected them to?  Have you quit praying because you didn’t get the answer you wanted or it doesn’t seem to make any difference when you pray?   
            Are you in a battle for your faith?  Will Jesus find faith in your heart when He returns?  Wherever you are in your battle, remember that God is faithful and wants you to look to Him in faith.  When Jesus comes, I pray He will find you full of faith. 

No comments:

Post a Comment