Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Tide Is Turning


            When I look at my grandchildren, all fourteen of them, I am amazed at the treasure each of them is to me and to our family.  My oldest granddaughter, now nearly 20 years old, just sent me a text telling me she loved me.  And last night I taught my nearly two year old granddaughter how to do pat-a-cake via Skype.  How wealthy I am!
            For nearly forty years uncounted millions upon millions of babies have been unceremoniously assigned to the trash bins behind abortion clinics.  I cannot begin to put my mind around this, let alone my heart.  How impoverished we are as a nation.  We’ve been robbed of so many sons, daughters and grandchildren who would have enriched our lives. 
            But I have hope.  There are many young people who are getting it.  They are standing before the Supreme Court with “Life” taped across their mouths.  Others are standing before the Almighty daily crying out for abortion to end.  More and more babies are not being aborted because their mothers saw their images on an ultrasound.  States are beginning to limit the powers of abortion clinics and level the playing field for pregnancy resource centers.  Slowly, the tide is turning.  May this trend spread to other countries, especially to Israel where some estimate more babies have been slaughtered than there were Jews killed in the holocaust!
            Join me on this anniversary of one of the greatest tragedies to hit our nation, the date Roe vs. Wade was made into law, to cry out with new passion and fervency:  Oh God, forgive us—end abortion now.

No comments:

Post a Comment